Month: February 2014

Sock monster

We’ve erased smudging

..and decided on a sock monster display instead!

Here are the renderings that Hannah made:

sockmonsterfront sockmonsterside

It’s going to be a goofy display of a laundry room with comic size washer that houses a monster who preys on socks that enter his washer.

The monster (who might be replaced actually):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vy4ixikhl93ikgr/CWfswetZJk

Haunted room

Last week we spent lots of time deciding upon the scenes and elements. First, we made a list of all the possible physical interactions we could think of, and ideas for the different projections. Then we picked our favorites and the ones that were easy to do. That led to our list of needed furniture and components. After that, we then distributed our picks of interactions along the 4 scenes we wanted. The individual scenes will most likely take 2-5 minutes, depending on the content of projections and number of mechanisms that are triggered.

The initial interaction with the viewers outside the window is simple. After much discussion we decided to have the different states run in sequence, parallel to the clock ticking through the hours, to give the impression of how the room progresses through the course of the night. The viewer will come up the window and be prompted to “flip a switch” (which will be in the form of a cap-sense switch on the window) that will set the clock in motion and with it the room with all it’s mechanisms.

Mechanisms

List with all our interactions, possible videos for projections, electronic components needed and furniture.

Overview of States

 

Different states and mechanisms that will trigger.

Image

Rendering of the room elements. I think the book will have more sense next to the radio, so it is arm reaching distance of sofa. And we get rid of the crouch table.

Perspective Rendering

Perspective rendering of the room.

 

Poppa Windows

Here is the overview of the ideas we presented in class. We had spent a lot of time discussing all of them, but particularly the murder mystery, which also got good feedback from the class and will most likely be the one we’ll pursue.

In the draw for the windows we ended up with Alligator (larger space with door) for the second week.